I hope I’m not too late.
Even if I am, medical evidence shows what you need now is REST and plenty of it all day long. No need to exercise today, that will only dehydrate you, but a nice 30 minute walk later in the sunshine will help get your blood pumping, preferably on your way to see “Zero Dark Thirty”.
Your goal for today is to hydrate, so aim for sipping a gallon of water slowly thru out the day. I know, the thought of water makes you vomit, so start with coconut water and pop two Advil and a probiotic (helps get your intestine going).
If you’re not up to eating just yet, try a cup of a detox tea (I like Mighty Leaf Organic Detox Infusion) with two tablespoons of honey. Yes honey, and don’t worry about the sugar or calories. Honey is like liquid plumber for your liver and gives you a natural sugar boost.
In an hour, try this Resurrection Smoothie which has ingredients to help you hydrate flush out toxins, stabilize your blood sugar and will be gentle on your tummy:
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened is better for you)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries (this makes it frosty)
- 1 Sambazon Acai Smoothie Pack
- 2 Tbsp honey (yes, more honey)
Dump everything into a blender and hit the on button for about a minute. Then drink. Think of the brain freeze is as added bonus.
Now, take a nice warm bath with 2 cups of Epsom salts and soak for 20 minutes. This will also help suck out impurities and help relax your muscles. While you’re in there, plop on an SKII Facial Treatment Mask which is my secret weapon for those times when I need to be brought back to life (I keep them in the fridge). Don’t forget your water, reading glasses and the latest issue of US Weekly.
Slather on a rich non-perfumed moisturizer for your face and body (nothing to harsh, I like CeraVe for the face and Caudalie Divine Oil), and slip into some sweats with a forgiving waistband. Douse your eyes in Visine and skip your Latisse today, your eyes will be too sensitive.
Later in the day, try this healthy Hangover Egg Scramble to keep things a moving. Basically, you sauté a
Pick your veggie mix ins:
- Asparagus (another incredible detoxifier)
- Baby spinach (rich in iron)
- Shiitake mushrooms (the legal wonder ‘shroom)
- Shallots (they don’t take the same toll on your tummy that onions might, and give great flavor)
- Skip: tomatoes (too acidic), peppers (gives you gas)
Pick an additional protein mix in.
- Smoked salmon (my favorite, gentle on your tummy)
- Canadian bacon (a little salty but beats the alternative)
- Low fat goat cheese (the least greasy of the cheeses)
Sauté all this stuff together over low heat about 5-10 minutes in a tiny bit of olive oil and then mix in 1 whole egg (yolks have egg-cellent restoration properties) and 3 egg whites.
A few don’ts:
- Hair of the dog doesn’t work; it just prolongs the inevitable banging head you’ll have later.
- A greasy eggle with hash browns or pancakes might sound good, but you need to flush your liver like a toilet and none of these things will help you do that. In fact carbs and salt will only help you hold to all the crap you put into your body last night. You must let it go and let it flow.
- Avoid citrus like pineapple, grapefruit and oranges if your tummy is upset. Same for coffee if you can avoid it.
Happy healing. I’ve got a nice 20 minute soak and US Weekly waiting for me.